Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Disbanding of the Leffert's crew

BS's engaged! I knew this was happening for nearly two months, why am I in shock?! Gosh, the 2nd of my best friends is getting married. When did I get this old?? And when am I actually going to grow up? I think the pressure and emotional stress of remaining single while all my friends get married is beginning to set in. BS brings the count to 74 married or engaged from my grade of about 110 girls.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely and totally bizarre. The way you frame it makes it sound so formalized, and with your reference to the numbers in our grade, I feel like part of the herd...freaky.

Yeah, so I am getting married, and really excited about it, too. Not about getting married per se, but about marrying Elie--which is the whole point. So if you look at it in those terms, it won't be about disbanding, because it's not the prototypical transition to the next stage...

Anyway, the lefferts crew will never be disbanded...Esty's been married for over 9 months and she's still an awesome friend...

12/9/04 01:58  
Blogger Goldie said...

Yeah, yeah...in theory the Lefferts crew will never be disbanded, but it's not the same, and you know it. This will be the last time I will come home to find you (or any of the original quad) still living on my block. Well, I suppose I'm partly at fault too--since I largely moved away from Lefferts after high school. I guess it's time for me face the fact that people grow up (including my friends) and re-adjust.

14/9/04 20:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home