if these walls could talk
I’ve reason to suspect that there’s something about my apartment that makes visitors inclined to share a good deal more personal information at a significantly faster rate than they would under other circumstances*. And when I have people over, I too tend reveal more about myself than I probably should...But then again I’m generally pretty open, well, that is, except when I’m reserved.
*Most recently, I had a Hopkins classmate over for dinner today. We were in most of the same classes as undergraduates, did homework together fairly often, but weren’t necessarily much in the likes of “friends” in the social context. Furthermore, I only really spoke to her once (when she was in Boston a few months ago) in the last two years. And yet, within two hours, the focal details of both of our individual quarter life crises were on the table…
2 Comments:
nice post. i think it just gets to a point when one needs to speak and will speak to whomever will listen. that's my sense. but there's always the danger of going to far. trust is so delicate and it is so easily broken.
do i get an A for melodrama?
Sure, I'll grant you an "A." But you're right, I suppose it does come to a point when one will talk to whomever will listen. And I don't know if it's about trust being broken and what not, I think it's more about the delicate art of keeping secrets: clearly most can hardly keep their own, let alone those of someone else (although I think in many respects it might be easier to keep another's, except that after a while, one can forget that something was meant to be a secret... )
Post a Comment
<< Home