impressions of “the college”
Yesterday, for the first time, I attended a class at the (arguably) most prestigious institution of learning in the world. It panned out pretty much as I would have expected. It was a seminar style class with three students other than me: a Bulgarian male, an African American female, and a preppy Native American female. The instructor (not professor) was a socially awkward, freshly “hooded” male from rural America. The class consisted of a highly intellectual (but relaxed) discussion between the instructor and the students in a rather elaborate, dimly lit room covered in framed photos of affiliated greats and filled with insignia chairs and mahogany tables. I was impressed with how knowledgeable the instructor was, but deemed him intelligent strictly in the academic sense. After class, in encouraging me to enroll, I was assured by the instructor that grades wouldn’t be an issue (i.e., I would be granted an easy “A”), the workload would be light, and that it was okay if I missed a couple classes. Despite the hassle of having to commute between two campuses on opposite sides of town, and the fact that I really don’t need the credit, I’m thinking I might just cross-register...
2 Comments:
I say, go for it!
As soon as I get rid of the nagging feeling that it's just a big waste of time...
Post a Comment
<< Home