post-party slump
Overall, my first experience hosting a party was extremely positive. The drink menu and new shaker were big hits, my cocktail making skills were applauded (but I did find a volunteer to help mix drinks pretty early on in the evening), and a good time was had by all. But, although the turn-out for the party was higher than expected, my mother was very disappointed that no one brought along any eligible bachelors.
Yet today I am paying the price, recovering, not from a hangover (I was too busy passing out drinks to consume much alcohol myself), but from sleep deprivation, which helped feed a bout of destructive-obsessive-thoughts which have been threatening to surface for months. Most grateful to have fantastic friends to talk me out of it. But must not allow myself to get too self-absorbed. Re-inspired by bits’n pieces, tomorrow, I will begin my search for a volunteer opportunity…
3 Comments:
Excellent party :)
Sorry 'bout the post-party slump, that's no fun.
random link: Coco Lopez, the stuff I've used to make pina coladas. It probably has about a gazillion calories and lots of fat, but it's really rich and delicious. I can't imagine why they don't seem to have it in NY.
Glad you enjoyed the party :).
For me, it's all about getting enough sleep--well, to a certain degree...Thus, 9 hours of sleep later, and I'm feeling much better, though still yawning (and daydreaming) at work...
testing
Post a Comment
<< Home