on a scale from 1 to 10
Busy again. At work too. Today, I made it to work on time, and did not once count the minutes until the end of the day. Not once. That’s progress. It helps (a lot) that work has drastically improved this last week. Though, I feel kind of bad for snubbing my old task master. I can't help it that have no patience for irresponsible people who expect me to do their dirty work for them, especially when I’m not their personal secretary (it’s really not part of my job description to help a senior engineer get his timesheet in on time). Okay, clearly, trying to justify being snotty…I guess I’ll have to apologize. And maybe offer to put in some overtime to help him out with some of his work...
Have a new habit of shamelessly staring at people on the subway. Especially couples. I also continue to abide by my less recent practice of checking people's fingers for wedding rings...
My roommate from freshman year is pregnant! Yep, the one from Utah who is not a Morman...
I took a big step in the direction of going back to school this lunch break. I don’t know if I want to go back to school. But I’m pretty sure I do. In a way.
3 Comments:
Sheila is pregnant?! Huh! It's so hard to imagine...we really are growing up, I guess.
I think one of the reasons it's hard to relate to is because most media portraits of women depict them all having their first kid when they're 37. So I think there's me (first kid at 18--well, almost) and them (37) and forget that most people fall into the invisible middle.
Checking people's fingers for rings..lol. I know the feeling. Notice my apostrophe placement, btw.
Oops. Thanks for the correction! I can't understand why I am constantly making thoughtless slips like that, e.g., writing "that" instead of "who," "your" instead of "you're," etc. Embarrassing, since they're the sort of common mistakes people who don't know any better make, and it's not that I don't know the rules...(especially since I just read Eats, Shoots and Leaves)...
Allow me to correct your math: the difference between 23 and 18 is 5. 5 years! That's not almost. Not sure why you have this bizarre notion that you're still prepubescent....We're not growing up. Physically at least, I believe we have already grown up. And as we discussed the other week, according to statistics (with some of my own interpretation), at our age, the majority of women are engaged or married, so not so odd that my old roommate is pregnant. Just a bit of a reality check for me (and a shock?), since it reminds me how everyone around me has moved on (including people from the outside world), and I'm lagging years behind...(Sheila will be 25 when she has her (first) baby: does that really seem young to you?)
And on that note, clearly I'm having a hard time coming to terms with my age as well: I came to work today dressed like pre-teen....
Post a Comment
<< Home