it’s called commencement for a reason
Congrats to Miriam and the rest of the Hopkins graduating class of ‘05. Since I can’t make it down to Baltimore this afternoon to hear the honorable Albert Gore, Jr.’s speak at the graduation ceremony, I’ll take this opportunity to recount my favorite Gore moment:
At the Democratic National Convention, August 28, 1996, Al Gore:
Tradition holds that this speech be delivered tomorrow night. But President Clinton asked me to speak tonight. And you can probably guess the reason why.
My reputation for excitement.
I'd - this is some crowd. I've been watching you doing that macarena on television. And if I could have your silence, I would like to demonstrate for you the Al Gore version of the macarena.
[Gore pauses and stands completely still, staring straight ahead.]
Would you like to see it again?
1 Comments:
scary
Post a Comment
<< Home