Sunday, May 08, 2005

“There’s more to life than that. Don’t ask me what!”

It rained all day yesterday again, allowing me to easily justify staying home and reading all day. Among other things, I read What Should I do with My Life? It was interesting at first, but the last couple hundred pages got a bit repetitious and predicable. The message of the book: if you’re not thrilled with your job, quit, and find work your passionate about. A bit idealistic I thought. It’s called “work” for a reason, and I don't think everyone should expect to find a job that he/she loves. Hopefully you'll love other things about your life, or at least work will provide enough of a contrast so that the other things in life seem fantastic in comparison. I for one have low expectations for my future job. But I admit, the book was persuasive enough to make me seriously consider not applying for engineering jobs next year...However, considering that at the moment I can't think of any other work I'd be passionate about, I think I'll stick with it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home