The Idea Factory revisited
My advisor issues an ultimatum. Out of the blue. I spend much of the afternoon in a state of panic, reassessing what it is I’m trying to gain out of my education and obsessing over how on earth I’m going to face the current crisis. I refrain from calling my mother, because she'll probably just suggest that I drop out of school. Instead, I call BPS, and can't be grateful enough for the moral support. I come to some conclusions, make peace with them, realize that whatever happens, it’s not the end of the world, or even close, get a grip, go into lab, and, just like that, break into tears when talking to my labmates. First time in over 2.5 years that I lose my composure like that in public. Great. The vulnerable female engineer. And just when I thought my unlucky period had come to an end...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home