no, not quite
I generally avoid conversing with fanatics like a plague, but I seem to be an easy target—or something...I already explicitly told this one that I disagree with his views and have no interest in debating them. But although he claimed freedom of speech doesn't exist here, he said that he could talk even if no one wants to listen, and then proceeded on with his rant. And because I felt like it would be mean to completely ignore a clearly embittered and lonely soul like him, I put up with it, well, until I got the last word:
me: So I don’t understand, you’re anti-war and an anarchist, so why’d you enlist?
him: Because I needed to get out of C.H., and the army was the only way out.
me: Ummm…I’m from C.H…
him: (after long pause) You grew up in C.H?
me: Right.
him: Oh.
4 Comments:
Oh, you met the captain. Whats he up to now?
You know, the usual: looking to start a revolution, spending a night in prison (a victim of NYPD brutality against bikers), translating Yiddish anarchist literature (because there's a lot of quality stuff out there that nobody ever bothered translating), reading 20 or so books a week for his research, mistreating his lungs, trying to sell anarchy to a rather patriotic American who knows better than to waste her time listening to, let alone arguing with, such utter idiocy...
:-) What's "his research"?
I actually asked him about his research just for you: he mumbled something to the effect of cultural studies and mentioned the person he is working for, but having never heard of him, I promptly forgot his name.
Post a Comment
<< Home