I must have been possessed
I have to give a "thesis defense" tomorrow (it's not really a thesis defense, just a presentation on my thesis, I just get a kick out of calling it a defense), and as I'm going through my thesis attempting to summarize the close to 50 pages in a 15 minute presentation, I'm amazed. I could have not possibly written this. While it's certainly not genius, and it's largely unremarkable, it's pretty clear, well organized, and can almost be insightful at times. Though I've barely recovered from last week's thesis writing ordeal, I'm having difficulty understanding how an unoriginal, chronically bored, procrastinator like myself, who usually does not function when sleep deprived, could have actually pulled that off (and mostly in 4 days with minimal sleep). It's 9:30 PM, and I'm not even half-way done preparing my presentation, could this really be the same person we're talking about?
6 Comments:
You give hope to the chronic procrastinators of the world.
I hope the world doesn't read my blog...
Either way, I don't know about giving hope to chronic procrastinators. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not really a natural procrastinator. Up until two years ago, I used to not only get everything done way in advance, but was somewhat of a perfectionist too. So it might have been the old me that took over last week, though even the old me never worked quite that hard in such a short period (getting stuff done in advance helps a lot in evenly spreading out the workload...)
I wonder if I might be going through a phase, or if I've been permanently transformed to a procrastinator? The truth is, the internet is mostly to blame. If I had the strength to get rid of it, I would be a much more functional, productive person....Maybe if and when I go for a PhD.
So when do we get to read your thesis- or more precisely the acknowledgement section?
Who wants to know? I'm not exactly going to publish it on this blog you know...
Actually, I was waiting to officially finish all my requirements, cuz I am ruled by these superstitious tendencies, afraid that if I start thanking people now, something will somehow go wrong, and I won't graduate.
Originally, I was planning to send the cover matter of my thesis to everyone mentioned in the acknowledgement's section, but on rereading it, I'm kind of embarrassed to, so think I'll just send it to select people, and send thank you emails to most of the others (a few people may never know their name is in the MIT library for reasons I won't get into).
But if you're extra special, which I'm sure you are, email me, and I can send it to you now.
a friend,
I just realized that I referred to you as "a friend" in the previous post...
Post a Comment
<< Home