Tuesday, May 02, 2006

thank you Kang!!

Who would have ever imagined that there are some nice people out there who know how to use the fsolve function on matlab, are not insanely busy, and most importantly, are willing to help me? And surprisingly they go to Harvard. And what's more, one just agreed to be my "programming consultant" for the next 24 hours. Suddenly I'm not in hell anymore (though I could still feel the heat from the flames that are not too far below...).

The lesson to be learned: when after asking friends who might know anything about progamming fails (the California person was nice, but at work, the NJ one needed to eat dinner, and the one in NY didn't know enough math), ask everyone else, even those who don't know much about programming, and even if you hardly know them.

Oh, and BPS, if you're reading this, I didn't get in contact with this Harvard kid the way you might think. Actually I owe Miriam a big thank you, since Will actually got me in touch with Kang. And thanks hummmer for trying. All most appreciated.

Now the question is, given that I only have 24 hours, how late should I stay up?

(Yes, programming has come back to haunt me yet again. Why does this happen to me?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome.

3/5/06 10:43  
Blogger Miriam said...

Glad to be of very indirect help :)

Hope things get smoother, or get done soon.

If you'd still like a visitor I'd be game to come visit, but I don't want to disturb your thesis-working at the moment to make plans.

3/5/06 19:45  
Blogger Goldie said...

I'm not in that class of people who don't have time for minor disturbances (it's impossible to focus 24/7...). Check your email.

4/5/06 06:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home