work-life imbalance
My first week at the new job. I've been rising before the sun, spending far too much time on the ungodly Los Angeles freeways, only to put in long hours in the office, leave work with the motivation to go the gym, but after spending over an hour in traffic, I arrive in a desolate apartment stripped of energy, and can barely impel myself on the bike for ten minutes, after which I drag myself into and then out of the shower, pull together some semblance of lunch for the next day from the rapidly depleting supply of food in the fridge, and finally fall into bed too exhausted to think, but apparently not too tired to dream of zigzagging along the 101, 134, 5...
But oh, I get to see the sunrise each morning, and if I manage to leave early enough, the sunset too...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home