My old employer had the answer: put no windows, but rather paste photographs of what windows would look like from the neighbouring office on our wall. Now thats design.
No, that’s torture and very poor design. Some other studies mentioned yesterday found that office workers were happier when the windows in the building could be opened, children performed better on exams when the classrooms had some natural lighting, etc.
Actually, one of the reasons I didn’t go to Berkeley for grad school was because the only windows in the mechanical engineering building were in the professors’ offices (which were located on the perimeter of the building). That is, I would prefer not the spend the majority of my days in labs and classrooms that were windowless.
2 Comments:
My old employer had the answer: put no windows, but rather paste photographs of what windows would look like from the neighbouring office on our wall. Now thats design.
No, that’s torture and very poor design. Some other studies mentioned yesterday found that office workers were happier when the windows in the building could be opened, children performed better on exams when the classrooms had some natural lighting, etc.
Actually, one of the reasons I didn’t go to Berkeley for grad school was because the only windows in the mechanical engineering building were in the professors’ offices (which were located on the perimeter of the building). That is, I would prefer not the spend the majority of my days in labs and classrooms that were windowless.
Post a Comment
<< Home