it’s growing on me
Yesterday, while standing on a packed subway platform, I suddenly felt it: not only could I relate to people who love NY, but I too could safely proclaim a love for New York City. Of course, I hate it just as much (or probably more so), but at the moment there’s no where else I’d rather be. I’m also enjoying my apartment, or the location and convenience, though there are plenty of days when I get resentful, when I feel like the only reason I go to work every day is because I have to pay my rent. On those days I hate the pressure of having to work and the fact that I can't take the day or the week off so much that I fantasize of moving back home so that I can quit my job and be a bum.
Not much time to read, write, or think these days, which may not be such a bad thing, except that I’m beginning to really miss reading, as well as worry that I may not be able to go back to school if I suffer from too much brain atrophy…
(Can you spot the lyrics line embedded in the post?)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home