Thursday, September 28, 2006

the domino effect*

My rigid full-time work schedule is getting to be unbearably stifling. I can hardly breathe. I was extremely tempted to take today off, but given that I only have 6 vacation days (5 after Yom Kippur), I settled for coming in late (biked central park this morning), yet it didn't help much: I still can hardly sit still. Spending the bulk of my day doing meaningless work in a dreary cubicle, leaving me short of time to tend to my basic needs once home, let alone the nearly complete absense of leisure time (especially during this holiday season when I have no Sundays) is torture. How do people do this for years on end?

*I was skimming my archives the other week, and realized that I forgotten the details behind some of the subtle references I constantly make (hinting to stuff not suitable to be published), yet I continue to make them…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home