"Your pictures are much better than Bernie's"
My relatives (my aunt, uncle, mother, grandmother!) continue to encourage me to seriously consider going into photography, at least as a part time gig. I can't help finding it somewhat ironic how my family is always pushing me to pursue impractical careers (my mother wanted me to become a writer): aren't Jewish parents supposed to push their kids to become doctors and lawyers? Or maybe that's just on the male end?
Thinking about perhaps looking into* becoming an apprentice to learn the technical skills (I know a bit about equipment and lighting but never actually used anything fancier than a tripod), even though my friend PL insists I'm not that good (who to trust, family or friend?). But likely photography will just remain a hobby of mine. Regardless though, I'll accept the rare helping of flattery and encouragement.
*Not as in seriously looking into, but more as in, look into enough to establish that it's not practical, and I should be content with being the East Coast family photographer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home